Important political parties in India
Multiple choice Questions from Important political parties in India
Q-1 Which of the following is a valid condition for a party to be National party?
a) A party which has secured six % (6%) of valid votes polled in any lok sabha election or assembly election in the state and atleast four such states and secured 4 Lok Sabha seats.
b) The party has secured atleast 2% of total no. of seats in lok sabha from atleast 3 states.
c) The party is recognised as state party in atleast 4 states.
d) all of the above
Q- What is a tenure of State Governor?
a) 4 years
b) 5 Years
c) 6 years
d) no tenure
Q- Who administers the oath of a State governor ?
b) High Court Judge
d) Chief Justice of State
Political Parties of India
- According to Representation of People Act, 1951 there is provision to conduct elections of the Houses of Parliament or Houses of the Legislature of State.
- As per this law there are two parties – a) Recognized Party and b) Unrecognized Party.
- i) A party which has secured six % (6%) of valid votes polled in any lok sabha election or assembly election in the state and atleast four such states and secured 4 Lok Sabha seats.
- ii) The party has secured atleast 2% of total no. of seats in lok sabha from atleast 3 states.
iii) The party is recognised as state party in atleast 4 states is called a “ National Party”.
iv) The National Parties of India are given below :
- Indian National Congress (INC)
- Bhartiya Janta Party (BJP)
- Bahujan SamaJ Party (BSP)
- Communist Party of India (CPI)
- Communist Party of India (CPI)(M)
- Nationalist Congress Party
A Party which has secured at 6% of valid Votes polled in the Assembly election in the State and atleast two MLAs.
The party has secured atleast 3% of the total no. seats in the assembly of the state.
The party has secured at least 6% of valid votes in the lok Sabha election in the state and atleast 1 lok sabha seat is called a state party.
This Status is not permanent, it can be withdrawn by the election commission if the performance of the Party goes below the parameters.
- There shall be a Governor for each state provided that the Same person can act as Governor of two or more states.
- Simply appointed by the President.
- Should be a citizen/35 years/ no office of profit.
- 5 years before that
- c) The oath is administered by the Chief justice of High Court.
- d) The Salary is decided by the Parliament which is charged upon Consolidated fund of India.
- e) Pardoning Powers : He has this provision but shall not pardon death sentence and shall not enter in the case of Military Courts.