ONE WORD SUBSTITUTION FOR SSC CGL
ONE WORD SUBSTITUTION FOR SSC CGL-
1. Words written on tomb –
2. Cure for all –
3. Partners in crime –
4. Related to cows –
5. Platform for a speaker –
6. Killing of a whole group/ race of people –
7. Live in relationship –
8. The worshiping of images –
9. The one who admires oneself –
10. Study of birds –
- Pedant – a person who is excessively concerned with minor details and rules or with displaying academic learning.
- Epitaph – a phrase or form of words written in memory of a person who has died
- Waybill -a list of passengers or goods being carried on a vehicle.
- Succulent – (of food) tender, juicy, and tasty.
- Panacea – cure for all disease
- Anecdote – a short amusing or interesting story about a real incident or person.
- Usurer – a person who lends money at unreasonably high rates of interest.
- Parvenu – a person of humble origin who has gained wealth, influence, or celebrity.
- Conspirator -a person who takes part in a conspiracy.
- Traitor – a person who betrays someone or something, such as a friend.
- Accomplice – a person who helps another commit a crime.
- Henchman – a faithful follower or political supporter
- Bovine – relating to or affecting cattle.
- Brine – water strongly impregnated with salt.
- Shrine – a place regarded as holy because of its associations with a divinity or a sacred person or relic
- Twine – strong thread or string consisting of two or more strands of hemp or cotton twisted together.
- Tribune – an official in ancient Rome chosen by the plebeians to protect their interests.
- Podium – a small platform on which a person may stand to be seen by an audience, as when making a speech or conducting an orchestra.
- Rostrum – a raised platform on which a person stands to make a public speech, receive an award or medal, play music, or conduct an orchestra.
- Pulpit – a raised enclosed platform in a church or chapel from which the preacher delivers a sermon.
- Genocide – the deliberate killing of a large group of people
- Homicide – the killing of one person by another.
- Patricide – the killing of one’s father.
- Phenoxide – chemical
- Impunity – exemption from punishment or freedom from the injurious consequences of an action.
- Pensive – engaged in, involving, or reflecting deep or serious thought.
- Leer – look or gaze in a lascivious or unpleasant way.
- Concubinage – the practice of keeping a concubine, or the state of being a concubine.
- Nepotism – the practice among those with power or influence of favouring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs.
- Narcissism – excessive interest in or admiration of oneself and one’s physical appearance.
- (4) Anthropology – study of evolution of humans
- Zoology – the scientific study of the behaviour, structure, physiology, classification, and distribution of animals.
- Sociology – the study of the development, structure, and functioning of human society.
- Ornithology – study of birds