ERROR DETECTION FOR SSC CGL
ERROR DETECTION FOR SSC CGL
1. The Indian government has been wise to avoid escalation in/(a) the face of China’s aggressive barrage,/(b) but that should not stop it from communicating its position in more discreet way. /(C) no error/(d)
2. Any genuine enforcement of a minimum age at work will elude/(a) governments so long as a universal minimum/(b) wage of subsistence for the adult workforce is not implemented scrupulous./(c) NO ERROR /(d)
3.The fiscal space now available has been strengthen /(a) by steady economic growth, and/(b) more should be done to eliminate subsidies for the richest quintile./(c) NO ERROR/(d)
4.Sustaining and improving the quality of life will depend on policies/(a) crafted to handle major emerging challenge /(b) such as urbanization, the housing deficit, access to power, water, education and health care./(c) NO ERROR/(d)
5. Universities are arenas for intellectual evolution,/(a) they are meant to be spaces where discussion/(b) and debate push boundaries, where students can learn the art of provocation./(c) NO ERROR/(d)
6.That so much time should have been lost in both instance/(a) to put the painful past behind them only speaks to the/(b) powerful presence of nationalist sensibilities that invariably distort the moral force of reconciliation./(c) NO ERROR/(d)
7.The favourable public opinion in both countries/(a) towards one another will possibly prove critical in/(b) consolidating upon the current strengths in the economic partnership./(c) NO ERROR/(d)
8.Given the number of ongoing inter-State disputes/(a) and those like to arise in future, it may be difficult for/(b) a single institution with a former Supreme Court judge as its chairperson to give its ruling within three years./(c) NO ERROR/(d)
9. A positive feature of the proposed/(a) changes are that there will be an expert/(b) agency to collect data on rainfall, irrigation and surface water flows./(c) NO ERROR/(d)
10. The Act contains the controversial provision/(a) that condone the employment of children below 14 years/(b) under the rubric of family enterprises and the declassification of several industries as hazardous occupations./(c) NO ERROR/(d)
- C , ‘more’ takes plural noun with it so ‘ways’ will replace ‘way’.
- C, Here scrupulous is adjective but to describe a verb adverbs are used so ‘scrupulously’ will replace ‘scrupulous’.
- A , With has we use the third form of the verb so strengthened will replace strengthen.
- B, challenges will replace challenge.
- D, NO ERROR
- A, ‘Both’ takes plural verb after it so instances will replace instance.
- B, for two nouns/things we use each other and for more than two we use one another.
- B, likely will replace like.
- B, the main subject of the sentence is a positive feature so the verb ‘is’ will replace ‘are’.
- B, controversial provision is the subject here which is singular so condones will replace condone.