Classification Part-III (Verbal Based) SSC Reasoning
Directions (1-10): Find the odd one out from the given alternatives.
1. A) Death : Disease
B) Milk : Butter
C) Grape : Wine
D) Water : Oxygen
2. A) Pascal : Pressure
B) Watt : Power
C) Ampere : Current
D) Radian : Degree
3. A) Node
4. A) Afghanistan-Kabul
B) U.S.A-Los Angeles
5. A) Europe
6. A) Chandigarh
7. A) Bihar-Patna
D) Dispur – Assam
8. A) Tokyo
B) Abu Dhabi
C) Sri Lanka
9. A) Butter
10. A) Potato
1. (A) All other pairs except (Death : Disease), second is a product obtained from the first. Hence, (Death : Disease) is odd-one-out.
2. (D) All other pairs except (Radian : Degree), first is a unit to measure the second. Hence, (Radian : Degree) is odd-one-out.
3. (C) All other except (Shy), consists of vowels. Hence, (Shy) is odd-one-out.
4. (B) All other pairs except (U.S.A-Los Angeles), first is a country name and second is the capital of that country name. Hence, (U.S.A-Los Angeles) is odd-one-out.
5. (A) All others except (Europe), are the name of currency but Europe is the name of country. Hence, (Europe) is odd-one-out.
6. (D) All others except (Mumbai), are the name of Union territory of india but Mumbai is the name of State capital. Hence, (Mumbai) is odd-one-out.
7. (D) All other pairs except (Dispur – Assam), first is the name of State and second is the name of capital. Hence, (Dispur – Assam) is odd-one-out.
8. (C) All others except (Sri Lanka), are the name of country capital but Sri lanka is the name of country. Hence, (Sri Lanka) is odd-one-out.
9. (B) All others except (Milk), are the products which obtain by milk. Hence, (Milk) is odd-one-out.
10. (B) All others except (Tomato), are the roots of plant but Tomato is the fruit. Hence, (Tomato) is odd-one-out.